Clear Your iCloud Account From Your Apple Device
To ensure the safety of your personal data, all Apple devices must have their connection to your iCloud account terminated.
There are two ways to do this, depending on whether or not your Apple device is still functioning properly.
For Apple Devices That Still Work
- Connect your Apple device to WiFi.
- Open up the settings on your device.
- Select "iCloud."
- Scroll to the very bottom and click "Sign Out." You'll have to put in your password to confirm.
For Apple Devices That Don't Work
- Use a computer to get to icloud.com.
- Use your Apple ID or your iTunes login to access your iCloud account.
- Click on "Find My iPhone" at the very bottom of the page.
- Next, you'll see an option that says "All Devices." Click it.
- From here, you'll see a list of all of the devices currently connected to your iCloud account. Choose the device you want to remove.
- Click "Remove from Account."
Verify Your Apple Device Isn't Connected
Last step - you need to double-check that your Apple device isn't still hooked up to your iCloud account. To do that, go to www.icloud.com/activationlock/ and type in your Apple device's serial number or IMEI. This will confirm that your device is no longer linked to an iCloud account.